Appointments are booked in hourly blocks so please arrive on time. The massage will last for 45 minutes with 15 minutes allowed for consultation.
Loose fitting comfortable clothing.
If you have long hair it might be a good idea to tie it up.
To benefit most from your massage, it is advisable to schedule your appointment on a day when you might be able to rest afterwards.
- Wait 4-6 hours after a heavy meal.
- Try not to smoke for a few hours before your massage.
- Avoid caffeine & stimulants 12-24 hours before your appointment
There are circumstances when massage is NOT recommended. This is known as Contraindications. If in doubt, please consult your doctor.
- Dysfunctions of Nervous System
- Cardiovascular Conditions
Appointments may be cancelled outside of 48 hours via the “My Appointments” page on the website or via the “Cancel Appointment” link in the confirmation emails. Outside this, appointments can be re-scheduled by getting in touch on 086-7774879 or email@example.com where we will do our best to accomodate requests.
Following your massage you may experience some or all of the following:
- Erythema (redness similar to sunburn=will fade)
- Reaction to Massage Medium (inform Therapist)
- Headache: Drink Water, Rest, Get Fresh Air
- Dizziness: Rest
- Changed Sleep Pattern
- Increased Thirst
- Heightened Emotional State (Issues in Tissues)
- Increased Urination = Toxin Release
- Impulse to Rebook Again
This depends on the nature of the injury but we generally see clients for three sessions over 6 weeks with one every 2 weeks.
Yes. We will design an individual treatment programme for each patient, usually consisting of various appropriate exercises that are to be performed between treatments. Before you leave, we will run through your exercise sheet to ensure that you know understand each exercise, highlighting how important these exercises are to optimise your recovery.
Generally we can get you an appointment on the same day you contact us, or at least during the next business day after you contact us. Early treatment means a speedier recovery.